Have you seen the Department of Justice Title Standards? If you haven’t, many of the questions you have can be answered in the 74-page pdf from the Regulations of the Attorney General Governing the Review and Approval of Title for Federal Land Acquisitions (2016). A few specific points that you can learn from the article include:
- Who is qualified to provide title evidence?
- How do you pick a suitable title examiner?
- What is the required time frame for the search?
- What is an examination?
- Definition of an abstract of title.
- Explains what must be contained in the abstract.
- Guidance for examining attorneys.
Honestly the regulations are a little dry as far as reading goes, but they do set the standard for our industry. It’s a good document to download and save if you are a title professional. Click here for your copy of the Attorney General’s Title Regulations.
We want to ensure your real estate purchase runs smoothly. Real Title Services specializes in quick, nationwide title searches without errors, so you feel at ease and close on your home without worry.
If you are a title professional, or if you need a title search for a home you’re looking to sell or purchase, call us today at (213) 375-1726 or contact us on our website.